BA in Business, Enterprise and Community Development
Recognising the important role that formal education plays in the community and voluntary sector and knowing the impact that volunteers and PPN member groups have across county Tipperary; Tipperary PPN and Tipperary Volunteer Centre in conjunction with Equal Ireland are delighted to offer our volunteers/members the opportunity to complete a level 7 BA in Business, Enterprise and Community Development. This is a part-time blended learning programme accredited by Athlone Institute of Technology.
You will have the opportunity to explore and develop your interest in the fields of Business, Enterprise and Community Development and to enhance your competencies towards becoming effective administrators, managers or organisers in these areas while at the same time acquiring the skills of self-directed learning. We save you time and travel by delivering this programme locally in Tipperary and on a part time basis. This is your opportunity to have your contribution recognised with a formal qualification. People are required to have successfully achieved either:
- The EQUAL Ireland Higher Certificate (Level 6) in Business, Enterprise and Community Development
- A QQI Level 6 Award in an appropriate or relevant area
- A successful completion of a Recognition of Prior Learning Portfolio (RPL). Recognition of Prior Learning is a process that allows you to gain admission to a programme of study or to gain exemptions/credit from some parts of a programme, based on demonstrated learning that you may have achieved through another programme of study, or through work or other learning experiences.
The cost of the course is €2500.
Tipperary PPN and Tipperary Volunteer Centre are offering support to members/ volunteers by partially funding a number places (limited availability)
- You must meet the minimum course acceptance criteria or be willing to engage with EQUAL Ireland to complete the RPL Process
- Please complete the AIT Application Form, attach a cv and submit both to email@example.com or EQUAL Ireland, Building 8 6D, Liosban Business Park, Tuam Road, Galway. (If you have doubt about the RPL process please contact Eddie Higgins on 091 778682 to discuss your interest and experience before proceeding further.)
- You must be a resident of County Tipperary
- You must be an active volunteer in County Tipperary: This may include being a member of a group registered with Tipperary PPN, be a volunteer with Tipperary Volunteer Centre or be able to demonstrate a proven track record of volunteering in County Tipperary
- You must be nominated by a community group and state this group
- Complete the required application form and submit it by close of business on Friday 1st March 2019
- Applications are required to be submitted by post and email. Postal address: PPN Tipperary Thurles Chamber Enterprise Centre, LIT Campus, Nenagh Road, Thurles, E41 T6K5. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If successful with your application for part funding, you must then be accepted for enrolment by AIT (Athlone Institute of Technology)
- The Programme is due to start in April 2019 with dates to be confirmed
- Give an undertaking to complete the full programme
- Be over 23 years of age
- Have access to the internet/ computer
- Voluntarily attend a whole day’s induction
Successful applicants will:
Pass a provisional one to one ‘Recognition of Prior Learning’ evaluation with EQUAL Ireland Or Meet the minimum entry requirements Or Provide evidence of sustained engagement in Active Citizenship/volunteering.
Please complete the Equal Ireland application form above to apply for the course.
If you wish to apply for part-funding please fill in the PPN & Tipperary Volunteer Centre Part Funded Application form.
The application must be a minimum of 1000 words up to a maximum of 1500 words. A full break down of how application will be assessed and weighted is available on application form.
“Over the last thirty years I have worked with many wise and gifted people in community and voluntary work who had great skills and experience but had no formal qualifications. It was very frustrating to see their talent and experience passed over in favor of people who might have qualifications but without the experience or commitment. I think RPL addresses this unfairness and will help some great people.”
“The opportunity I have been given to participate in this course has changed my life and the life of my 2 daughters. For them to see their mother going back to college to do a degree at almost 50 years old, seeing my confidence build will empower them to know that the sky’s the limit. If you take a chance, work hard and have belief in yourself anything is possible.”
“It was a life long dream for me to complete a BA having worked in the Community & Voluntary sector for years with no formal qualification, it now gives me opportunities that I thought I would never have”
“Doing the degree has given me the courage and belief in myself to access education. It was such a rewarding experience and achievement for me to obtain this degree with having a full time job and 2 small children at home. Anything is possible if you want it badly enough”
© 2018 Tipperary Public Participation Network