PPN Reps Network
Tipperary PPN facilitates a network for all of it’s 45 representatives on 17 important strategic committees in the County. The network meets bi-annually. If you are a PPN Rep and would like to go to the next network meeting contact us for more information.
- To provide a space for peer networking, support, information, advice & guidance for all PPN Representatives.
- To act as a platform for addressing common issues or concerns with a view to identifying possible solutions by consultation and problem solving.
- To facilitate communication between the various Reps and their committees to increase interdepartmental/ interagency working – identifying crosscutting themes and issues.
- To have a key role in building the capacity of PPN Reps and developing their linkage groups.
- The network will consist of all current PPN Representatives on the various committees & boards from the Community & Voluntary, Social Inclusion & Environmental PPN Sectors.
- The network will be facilitated by the PPN Coordinator.
- The representatives will undertake to consult and agree and look to resolve issues of concern wherever possible.
- The network will support Representatives in gathering the necessary information from their linkage group and their committee and cascading findings back to the linkage group/ committee via email, meetings, etc.
- Representatives will be expected to take ownership and responsibility of relevant tasks and action points that arise.
- Representatives will endeavour to supply the information needs of the PPN where agreed by the network e.g. reports for their linkage group/ website, photo for website etc.
- Support Reps to be truly representative
- Provide a space for peer support, information, advice & guidance on fulfilment of Rep role
- A place for Reps to communicate, share information and network (via email or Meeting)
- A place for asking questions & clarifying issues
- Develop the capacity of Reps
- An opportunity for Reps to share resources, concerns & experiences. To learn from the experiences of groups with similar aims
- To support the Reps to convey information from the various committees, sharing knowledge and updates
- To support all the clubs/ groups/ organisations in Tipperary through representation
- Developing a PPN position on core issues which can be articulated across different committees (‘Wellbeing Statements’)
- Positively promote awareness of the PPN, their linkage group and their role as a PPN Rep on their Committee throughout the County in order to increase understanding and gain buy in from colleagues, managers, boards, partner and statutory agencies, councilors and council officials and service users.
- To support Reps to seek feedback and gather insight from their linkage group and also feedback after committee meetings.
- Support Reps to arrange linkage group meetings.
- To support members by sharing good practice.
- To act as a sounding board for the effectiveness of the PPN and make recommendations going forward.
- To keep Reps updated on wider PPN issues and developments.
- If reps are not fulfilling their duties in line with the PPN Reps Charter, actions will need to be taken in accordance with the charter.
|Representative||Decision Making Committee||Nominating Group||Pillar|
|Edel Grace||Economic Development & Enterprise SPC||Fáilte Slieve Felim||Community & Voluntary|
|Noel Byrne||Economic Development & Enterprise||Drombane/Upperchurch Energy Team||Environmental|
|Mary Spillane||Economic Development & Enterprise SPC||Pallas Derg Residents Committee||Community & Voluntary|
|Richard Auler||Environment & Water SPC||An Taisce||Environmental|
|PJ Long||Environment & Water SPC||St Patrick’s Well Society, Clonmel||Environmental|
|Trisha Purcell||Housing, Community & Culture SPC||Drombane Village Group||Community & Voluntary|
|Terry O’Connor||Housing, Community & Culture SPC||Three Drives Family Resource Centre, Tipperary Town||Social Inclusion|
|Richard Long||Planning & Emergency SPC||Clonoulty/ Rossmore Community Council||Community & Voluntary|
|Vacant||Planning & Emergency SPC||Vacant||Environmental|
|PJ English||Roads & Transportation SPC||Clogheen Tidy Towns||Community & Voluntary|
|Angela Hickey||Roads & Transportation SPC||Killoscully Players||Community & Voluntary|
|Carmel O’Neill||Joint Policing Committee||Youth Work Tipperary||Social Inclusion|
|Margaret Sheehy||Joint Policing Committee||Killoscully Historical Discussion Group||Community & Voluntary|
|Catherine Guest||Joint Policing Committee||New Futures Farming Group||Community & Voluntary|
|Charles Slaney Smith||LCDC||An Taisce||Environmental|
|Sean O’Farrell||LCDC||Temple Seacht Sean Borrisofarney Burial Ground Committee||Environmental|
|Clare Cashman||LCDC||Millennium Family Resource Centre||Social Inclusion|
|John Lupton||LCDC||Roscrea Community Development Council||Social Inclusion|
|Eoin Wolahan||LCDC||Mid Tipperary Hill Walkers||Community & Voluntary|
|Martin Quinn||LCDC||Canon Hayes Communtiy Recreation Centre||Community & Voluntary|
|Ruth Smith||SERDATF||Knockanrawley Resource Centre Tipperary||Social Inclusion|
|Ger Boland||Tipperary Sports Partnership||Clonmel Hockey Club||Community & Voluntary|
|Jim Kissane||Tipperary Sports Partnership||Tipperary Town||Community & Voluntary|
|Niall O Sullivan||Tipperary Sports Partnership||Clonmel Athletic Club||Community & Voluntary|
|James Mulroy||Tipperary Sports Partnership||Nenagh||Community & Voluntary|
|Paula Kearns||Tipperary Sports Partnership||Clonmel Chulainn Training Enterprise||Community & Voluntary|
|Kevin Cummins||Tipperary Sports Partnership||Peak Villa, Thurles||Community & Voluntary|
|Lisa Wilken Butler||Housing & Disability Steering||Aspect Cahir Tipperary Sports Partnership||Social Inclusion|
|Donal O’ Halloran||Housing & Disability Steering||South Tipperary Disability Group Forum||Social Inclusion|
|John Hinchey||Tipperary Transport Coordination Unit||Cappawhite Tidy Towns Housing & Disability Steering||Community & Voluntary|
|Duncan Martin||Tipperary Transport Coordination Unit||Sustainable Projects Ireland, Cloughjordan Eco Village||Environmental|
|Canon Barbara Fryday||Tipperary Transport Coordination Unit||Millennium Family Resource Centre, Glengoole||Social Inclusion|
|Jill Sandvos||Tipperary Children & Young People’s Services Committee||Clonmel Community Mothers||Social Inclusion|
|Caroline Lydon||Tipperary Children & Young People’s Services Committee||North Tipperary Community Services||Social Inclusion|
|Bernard Lennon||South Tipperary Development Company||Marlfield Village Association||Community & Voluntary|
|Margaret Egan||South Tipperary Development Company||Ardfinnan Community Council||Community & Voluntary|
|Julie O’ Halloran||South Tipperary Suicide Prevention Planning Group||Millennium Family Resource Centre, Glengoole||Social Inclusion|
|Toni Gleeson||Further Education & Training Sub Committee||Disability Federation Of Ireland Tipperary Education Board||Social Inclusion|
|Bernadette Quinlan||Tipperary Heritage Forum||Kilcommon Community Council||Community & Voluntary|
© 2018 Tipperary Public Participation Network