Tipperary PPN’s Wellbeing Statement
Step 1: Municipal District Meetings
- Between October 2015 and January 2016 the PPN hosted a meeting in each Municipal District to:
- Inform our members about what the PPN does
- Informed our Members that we had to create a ‘Wellbeing Statement’ for the County
- And Asked our Members: ‘What is the biggest priority issue to address wellbeing in your community?’
- We got a lot of important feedback from each District
- Also each of our members had the chance to win €200 for their group with the raffle ticket they brought along on the night which also asked: ‘What would you like your District PPN to do for your Organisation?’
All of this information was then collated into themes…
Step 2: Full Members Event (Plenary) May 2016
- In May 2016 we divided the Plenary into Municipal District tables where all Members were given a sheet of all the collated themes that came from the previous District Meetings. The Values of the PPN were also on this sheet.
- In Districts Members discussed:
- What would your community look like in 2 years if these wellbeing concerns were addressed?
Step 3: Online Survey
For Members who couldn’t attend the earlier meetings an online survey asked our members:
- ‘How do you imagine Tipperary will change/ improve because of the work of the PPN over the next 2 years?’
- ‘What does the future look like for Tipperary with a successful PPN working together in the community?’
- ‘What are the values that will ensure that this will be possible?’
The Secretariat also asked members in their Districts the same questions.
Step 4: Secretariat Workshops
- In order to break down the findings into a succinct vision for the PPN a smaller group was needed.
- As the Secretariat represent each Sector from each Municipal District they took on this task.
- The PPN got an outside Facilitator (brief was circulated to all Members) to create a Vision Statement for Tipperary Public Participation Network that will guide us into the future.
Step 5: The Secretariat then arrived at Tipperary PPN’s Vision, Mission and Values Statement, also known as a Wellbeing Statement
Inform, Strengthen and Empower through Participation
The Wellbeing of our Communities will be enhanced through the facilitation of active participation, representation, capacity building and information sharing
© 2016 Tipperary Public Participation Network